1. Will I be safe?

This is the most commonly voiced concern. We are committed to preserving your health and safety. You can be rest assured that the areas you would tour are free of civil conflict. Your safety is our greatest concern.

2. My companion isn't interested in Hunting. 
Are there alternative activities?

Absolutely! Your companion can accompany the hunters, observe the wildlife and take magnificent pictures. Otherwise, companions can enjoy relaxing at camp, reading, shopping and sightseeing.

3. Are bugs a problem?

No, but it is advisable to bring along bug spray or insect repellent.

4. What food will I eat?

Traditional South African dishes which include game pies and other recipes, beef, pork, lamb, pasta, soup, veggies and salads.
We do African style barbeques over an open fire which is absolutely the best.
If you have special dietary requirements then you need to let us know to plan accordingly.

To drink we have various coffees, tea, Milo, hot chocolate.
Each room has a bar fridge which will be stocked with bottled water, cooldrinks, beer and any of your special requests.
Alcoholic drinks will be available at the main bar also.

5. How much will I tip?

A 10% gratuity is the norm at most establishments.

6. What currency is used?
  •  Rand (R
  • Notes issued R200, R100, R50, R20, R10; coins R5, R2, R1, 50c, 20c, 10c and 5c.
  • Currency exchange rates are available at banks and published daily in the press.
7. What animals are available for hunting?

Some of the most commonly sought trophies that we specialize in are: blesbuck, white blesbuck, duiker, gemsbuck, waterbuck, impala, kudu, springbuck and black springbuck.

8. Are firearms available for rent?

Yes. Notify harmonie safari's prior to your visit, preferably when bookings are made.

9. Can I bring my rifles to Africa?

Yes. This can be arranged with any airline. Contact harmonie Safaris for full details. You will need a calibre in .30-06, 7mm, .300 mag or .375 H&H. Use premium bullets of 160 grain or heavier. You will need about 80 rounds of ammo.

10. What about permits?

You only need to obtain a permit if you wish to hunt an animal listed under CITES 1. You must apply for an import permit with your local authority for importing into your country of domicile, prior to your Safari commencing. We apply for the export permit from SA.

11. What about electricity supply for cellphone chargers, etc?

Power supply is available at our main lodges and it is 220/240 volt 50 cycle with three point plugs. Please bring your cellphone and camera chargers and adapters with you. We will supply a wall adapter to take your equipment not standard to ours.